MTHFR Gene Test Kit
The MTHFR Gene Test is a Spot Blood test that detects genetic polymorphisms in the key folate converting enzyme MTHFR. Abnormalities in the MTHFR gene can lead to the active form of folate (5-methyltetrahydrofolate) deficiency. 5-methyltetrahydrofolate is not measured in the standard blood folate test, these blood tests only measure inactive blood folate levels.
MTHFR genetic polymorphisms and lowered 5-methyltetrahydrofolate levels are associated with a variety of symptoms and conditions, such as mental health disorders, cardiovascular disease, obesity and birth defects.
The MTHFR Gene Test measures polymorphisms on the C677T and A1298C genes.
Conditions commonly associated with MTHFR Gene Test abnormalities:
|Alcohol withdrawal seizure
|Dementia and memory loss
||Depression and irritability
|Increased body fat
||Increased breast cancer risk
|Neural Tube and other birth defects
Click here to view a sample of the MTHFR Gene Test Results.
Shipping, Refunds and Returns
Please view our policies below;
Refunds and Returns
MTHFR Gene Test Kit Inclusions
- All the equipment required to complete the MTHFR Gene Test.
- A full set of instructions.
- Return Post delivery to our laboratory (for Australia Customers Only). All other countries will need to send their MTHFR Gene Test sample back to our laboratory via their own country's express postal delivery services.
Collecting Your MTHFR Gene Test Sample - Overview
- Your test kit will include full instructions on how to collect your sample for testing.
- Before starting, please read the entire MTHFR Gene Test instructions.
- The MTHFR Gene Test is an easy 'do at home' test.
- Post in mail as per MTHFR Gene Test instructions.
- Please note that any test sample sent back to Australia via an international courier service (i.e. FedEx, DHL) will be charged an additional $100 by Australians Customs. To avoid this fee we suggest sending all tests back to Australia via your country's express postal service and label the customs form as 'Health Test Kit'.